backround

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Just a Bottle Full of Sugar...

Ugh.  I cannot express in words how much I hate the glucose test you have to take for gestational diabetes.  I already have a horrible gag reflex - combine that with not eating my usual carb-filled lunch and a thick fruit punch flavored sugary syrup and you've got a recipe for dry heaving.

The rest of the appointment went quickly.  At 25 weeks 3 days, I'm up +9 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, and the baby's heartbeat is nice and strong.  I only get one more monthly visit and then we're on to the every-other-week and weekly ones.  They freaked me out today and scheduled appointments all the way til 3 days after my due date, which made me shudder a little thinking of how doooooone with pregnancy I'll feel then.

After the glucose test I got tacos and root beer as my reward for a job well done.  Somehow Hubs got a taco too, I guess as a reward for dealing with my freaking out all day winning personality.  Hmmm.  Someone got the better end of the deal there.

Shortly after this picture was taken, the Old Navy flip flops were retired.  May they RIP.


The last few days we've been trying to figure out what is wrong with Little Man.  He woke up on Thursday and Friday nights screaming bloody murder and nothing could console him for over an hour.  The last time he did something like that (Sept 2011) we ended up taking him to the ER and finding out a week later it was a shunt malfunction, so of course I was terrified that we were in for a repeat.  Luckily (Erm. I guess?) on Sunday morning he woke up with a runny nose and cough, so it is looking like maybe he just hadn't been feeling too hot and it is gonna be a bad cold.  Ex took him for a day visit on Sunday anyways though, since it had been ten weeks since he last saw Little Man.  Then that night he came home and puked all over his bed in his sleep.  Gross, but at least then I could attribute the crankiness and late night wakeups to something more concrete - he felt yuck.  So now we're just in the stuffy/runny nose and sleeping late stage of the cold, and Little Man never complains when he doesn't feel well so it is pretty much business as usual with a side of Boogie Wipes.  I hate that every illness immediately has me jumping to "Ohmygod, is this an ER visit?", but since the symptoms of shunt malfunction are nearly identical to those of a bad flu, that's life for the next few years and/or until he can talk and tell us his head hurts.

In case I don't see you... Happy Mother's Day weekend to all the mothers out there!  If you're thinking gifts, I enjoy a good cinnamon bun, bubble baths, and tulips are my favorite flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment