backround

Monday, February 11, 2013

The One At 14 Weeks

14 weeks.  I can't believe I'm only 14 weeks pregnant.  I feel like I've been pregnant for a hundred years.  One of my friends tried to put it in perspective that elephants are pregnant for years.
Don't worry, she is still alive.

This pregnancy has been grueling emotionally and physically.  My body seems to be rebelling against me every step of the way, and I have to keep reminding myself that this isn't going to be forever.  It might not even be the whole pregnancy.  I will probably feel better soon.   Soon.

My belly aches and my sides feel like they are straining, despite the fact that I am still under my starting weight.  Falling asleep at night is a marathon event that takes hours. The effort it takes to make dinner leaves me breathless and I have to convince myself it is worth it to get off the couch every night and make something remotely healthy.

I'm a little stressed about my doctor's appointment on Wednesday where I have to tell them that I'm not gaining weight and am in pain and exhausted all the time.  For now I'm trying to take it as easy as I can and not push myself beyond where I am comfortable, because I tried that this weekend and haven't been able to get off the couch for 24 hours.

26 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment