backround

Friday, February 22, 2013

The One With A Musical!

The children's theatre production I am in opened this morning to a great crowd of preschoolers!   I had so much fun being onstage again after taking a year off... It re energizes me and keeps me feeling sane.

This will be my last production for awhile, which bums me out.  It is one thing to choose to take time off, or even to not get any parts for awhile - but knowing I will physically be out of commission til almost winter?  That bites.  It means I have to miss a bunch of productions I'd really enjoy being a part of, that I know will involve lots of my good friends I've made down here through theatre.  And as a homemaker I am fairly isolated during the day and the theatre is my adult-only outlet.  Of course I will go see the shows and support them, but it just isn't the same as being onstage and rehearsing with friends.  I mean, I get a really great baby after all is said and done, so I can't complain too much.  But sometimes I wish I could pawn the cooking of said baby off onto my dear Hubs.

One of my big goals after Baby Vegas comes is to make sure I get my mind and body in shape to be back up and auditioning ASAP.  It took me almost a year to get my body back in fighting shape (3.5 years after my son was born, hah), but I want to try and lose ALL of my baby weight this go-round in a slightly more timely fashion.  Not working in a restaurant and the crazy hours I had to have will certainly help, as will the fact that I have been living a much healthier lifestyle than I was at 22... but it will still be something I have to work towards.  I also hope that since this birth and baby will be much more "normal", that I will feel mentally able to accomplish a lot more than I could after Little Man was born and I was a huge train wreck.

Now granted I won't know how I will feel once Baby Vegas makes an appearance on the scene.  I may find that I am ridiculously overwhelmed having the two little ones at home, and don't even want to do theatre for awhile.  I may find that if I don't get out of the house a few nights a week, my brain will explode and episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine will come tumbling out.  But the goal of becoming mentally and physically healthy as soon I can after this birth is one that I really don't want to overlook.  My health is just as important as my kid's health, and I need that reminder sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment