backround

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

We're baaaaack!

Dun dun dun dunnnnnn we're married!  I am so excited that Hubs and I are officially Hubs and Wife, it's still so unreal.  It feels a little like nothing has changed, and then of course, I remind myself that everything is going to be changing for the better.

I will have to post a long-winded update about the wedding soon, but I'm not in the mood today.   Nothing personal, blog-reading pals!  We landed at the airport at 9:15 last night, and picked up Little Man from Ex's house at 10 PM.   Got home just before midnight, and I decided it was very important to unpack everything right then so I didn't have to this morning.  Then someone posted pictures of the wedding online and I had to view those... and we didn't turn the lights out until 2 or so...

And then of course, when we picked up Little Man something seemed a little "off".  Ex assured us nothing was wrong and that the long weekend had been amazing/perfect/too good to be true.   Hubs and I were not really convinced, Little Man was too quiet and his voice a little raspy.

We got him home and ready for bed, and he just curled up in a ball and fell right asleep.  A bad sign.

At 3:30 in the morning we hear him wake up screaming and coughing.  Which usually means vomiting is going to follow.   We calmed him down and got him set up with a movie so he finally exhausted himself into a fitful night of sleeping and waking around 4:30 or so.  He's very sick today, and I keep checking his shunt site worried that it is shunt related since he never did end up vomiting.

I'm trying really hard not to blame Ex for this sickness.  Kids get sick all the time, I know this logically.  But every.single.time. that Little Man comes back from a weekend with Ex, he is sick.  Without fail.  And if it is a long weekend, like when we went to Florida or this last time - he is always very sick.

I don't know if it is the fact that Ex and his mother smoke, or that the house is old and moldy, or some other kind of trigger.  I don't know if it is pure coincidence.  I just know that I am less and less interested in letting him stay there overnight.  Hubs and I both were saying last night we just want to be a fly on the wall to see what happens when he stays there.  Something is going on, I just don't know what it is.

Right now Little Man is sobbing, stuffy, and feeling awful.   And all my mother hen instincts are telling me this isn't okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment