backround

Monday, August 20, 2012

The One About the Weekend

This weekend flew by!   Little Man had an appointment with his behavioral psychologist on Friday, which meant that I dropped him off at his dad's for the weekend a little earlier than usual.

I got to use the extra time to hang out at the Amish market down here and pick up some incredible summer peaches and lots of veggies for our healthy eating plan.  And "21 Jump Street" from Redbox.  I'm going to be honest with you - I don't miss Blockbuster at all.  There is something amazing about being able to run out in the middle of the night in your pajamas and busted up flip-flops, knowing that you can rent a movie without having to talk to a single human.

So Hubs grilled some steaks and I made tomato salad and we had a quiet date night in. 

We woke up early Saturday to go to the Crab and Beer Festival at National Harbor.  Its always a fun time, and this year my mother (born and raised in the Midwest) picked her first crabs!   We drank enough beer to a kill a fish, and then ate lunch at a restaurant on the harbor.  The plan had been to try and do something after the Festival since it ended at 3, but we were so exhausted (and tipsy) that we decided the best plan was to go to sleep by 9:30.  

Sunday was church with Hubs and his family.  I haven't set foot in a Sunday service in... many many years.  But his family had donated some prayer books in his grandfather's name and there was recognition for them during this service.  So I sat/stood/sat/stood/knelt/stood/sat through a Sunday service, and did not burst into flame.  And it was all worth it when the little old ladies came over to coo over Hubs and praise him for finally finding a nice girl to settle down with like they'd always wanted for him. Hahahah... I don't think he's going to go back for awhile... 

After lunch I had to drive up to my mom's and meet my ex-mother-in-law to pick up the Little Man.  She dropped him off there because she "lost my number" and couldn't figure out how to get a hold of me.

Seriously?  Passive aggressive on a whole new level.  Little Man was covered in bug bites again and smelled dirty.   I hate that neither Ex or his mother can communicate what goes on during their weekends, and neither can Little Man.   All I know is that he comes home and is a hot mess for a week until I can get him calmed down and back on schedule.  It drives me crazy.

I think everyone in the house is napping now... perfect time to finish more of my book and watch some TLC.   I have my priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment