backround

Monday, October 8, 2012

The One With More BedWars

Disappointment doesn't even begin to describe how I felt when I opened up our letter from the insurance company.

"The request for a medical bed w/canopy is denied.  Reason: Called primary care physician and they were not available, talked to on-call physician and they could not give a valid reason for medical bed."

Say what???  So basically, you made a phone call and didn't reach my doctor immediately.  Then you talked to another random doctor who didn't know Little Man or anything to do with his case, and you decide that is enough information to proceed with this denial?


UGH.  I want to hit something.  I want to drop off my son for an overnight visit with the insurance company and have them see how "unnecessary" it would be to get the medical canopy. 

The REM social worker told us that a denial would be most likely at first and we'd have to reapply with more ammunition to refute their denial.  But this denial is useless because there is nothing to go on.  And now we are five weeks out from the wedding and losing the REM coverage anyways, so its looking less and less likely that we are going to get a bed. 


The only thing that kept me from dwelling on the denial this weekend was that we had an amazing time at a local wine festival, and I got to spend quality time with my little sister and my mom.  We took Little Man to the festival with us and he had a blast running around outside and playing with his auntie.  That night we stayed up til two in the morning playing cards and drinking wine, making popcorn and being ridiculously competitive.   We haven't had a chance to have one of our family nights in awhile, and I'd really missed them.

Little Man being a party animal at the festival

Anyways, today will be spent working on our appeal for the bed, and recovering from the crazy weekend.  Hubs is off til Tuesday so hopefully we can get a few house and wedding errands done.

No comments:

Post a Comment