backround

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The One Where We Relax

Well we did it!  We finally finished painting Little Man's room!  I'll post pictures eventually when we're done decorating and touch-ups, but the paint is dry, the fumes gone, and he's back to a good and safe night's sleep.

While the painting was being done and during the drying process, Little Man slept in the guest room in his Pack n Play.   Yeah, that went really well... never.  He is too big for the Pack n Play now really, so he can't get comfortable.  Which meant he tried to escape constantly, and woke up very early every day.  Like before the sunrise early.  After a week of that, putting him in his room for the first time was like Christmas all over again.   He slept in til 10 am and Mommy couldn't have been more grateful.  Of course, I got up at 8:30 panicked he was out of his room already because it was so peaceful, and then couldn't get back to sleep.  But it was the thought that counted.

We had a great three and a half day weekend together since Hubs was off on Monday and it was his Friday off.  I am feeling so lazy with this pregnancy that it is hard to get motivated to do anything!  But we still managed to get some shopping done on Friday after I spent the afternoon in the Social Security office changing my name!  By the way... Did you know that no matter how hungry you are, it is against the rules to eat at the SS office?  Yeah, found that out the hard way when Little Man was yelled at for eating a fruit snack by an armed security guy.  So one very grumpy Mommy waited by herself for two hours while the boys waited in the car and got Dunkin Donuts.  I'm not bitter at all.

The rest of the weekend was movies and relaxing with family.  We saw Hub's family for dinner on Saturday night and my mom came over on Sunday to help us do a little interior decorating and play some Wii before the big Ravens game!   I will be the first to admit that I have never cared much about football, I usually root for whatever team my friends are cheering for - so the fact that I have actually been voluntarily watching all this football lately is hilarious.  This season has been really... strangely... fun!

Anyways, this week is going to be pretty quiet and I am looking forward to the relaxation.  My mom also dropped off about a hundred (I'm not even exaggerating) romance novels a friend gave her while decluttering - so I have plenty of lazy days reading and hanging out at home ahead of me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment